Thank you for visiting Californian’s for Protecting Public Education, Health Care and Budget Stability’s (Californians for Protecting Public Education) website. We take protecting individuals’ right to privacy on the internet seriously, and this website will collect no personal information about you unless you choose to provide such information.
Information from Your Visit
Some information about your visit may be automatically recorded, but it will not identify you personally. Such information includes:
- The internet domain and IP address from which you access this website;
- The type of internet browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Chrome) and the operating system used to access this site;
- The time and date you visited this site;
- The pages within this site that you visited.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, send us an email, sign up to receive email or text message updates, request information, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, create an account, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation or purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, social media handles, user names, postal address, phone number, mobile number, credit card information, location, and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
When you sign up or fill out a form on this website, you may provide your name, address, telephone number, email address, and other information. We use this information to send you the latest news and opportunities to get involved with our campaign. We also work closely with our coalition partners, and we may share some basic contact information with them, and they may contact you.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Sites. For example if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site. We may also use such information for list matching purposes.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Sites and send you confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests, provide customer service, request feedback, and otherwise contact you;
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about the campaign;
- Help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, donations and support for Californians for Protecting Public Education;
- Contact you if other information is necessary under election laws;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- With other participants in a joint fundraising committee;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Californians for Protecting Public Education, its employees, volunteers, constituents or others; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such a petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
For example, we use certain Google Analytics tools, including the following Google Analytics Advertising features:
- Remarketing with Google AdWords
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
This enables Google, to show our ads on sites across the Internet. We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Site and other sites and to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
For more information about other Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
Californians for Protecting Public Education takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies that may be used in connection with our Sites. If you do choose to remove or reject cookies this might impair the functionality of our Sites.